Thursday, December 24, 2015

More experiments with street photography and flash

This is another experiment where I used a flash on the street. The flash was way off camera and gelled with 2 greens. I had the focus preset on the cat and my exposure already determined. All I had to do was wait for the right moment. The lady walked through my fram and bam! Took the shot. The slow shutter speed made the right half of her blur and semi transparent. The flash froze her front half. I think its a pretty cool effect. Im really enjoying trying to make street photos that look more like a contrived shoot. Give a guy a model and time and he can set up all sorts of cool lights and effects for a portrait shoot. That's what Im trying to do on the street. Everyone is my model and I have all the time in the world because once one model leaves another will be on their way. If you have any questions let me know. I'm more than happy to describe the entire process in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment