Monday, December 21, 2015

Street photography and light painting mix.

When you are out on the streets it can become easy to slide into casual photography. You stop taking it seriously and just take snapshots. When you concentrate and bring your full attention to bare you can recognize the opportunity to try different techniques. Here was a scene I found as I left a movie with my girlfriend. I saw immediately that a regular shot wouldn't do it any justice. I told my girlfriend I wanted to do a shot and experimented between breaks to find my angle and settings. A combination of olympus live composite mode and a handheld flash got me this shot out of camera. I have only done slight adjustments to contrast, saturation and exposure. No photoshop. Just lightroom.

Take the time, experiment, and create good photos.
Joshua Son

No comments:

Post a Comment